We’re always looking for passionate and like minded bakers, pastry chefs, baristas and chefs to become part of our crew. Here is what we curently have available…
We are looking for an experienced baker to join our small bread crew. Previous professional experience is essential, we hope to find a baker who has 2 years + experience in similar sourdough or long fermented bakeries.
We need you to have a passion for fermentation, an understanding of levain and the effects of the seasons, a desire to continue learning everyday, the ability to share your knowledge, ideas and creativity and to motivate yourself to improve.
You will be:
- in love with all things sourdough
- detail orientated and a little bit obsessed about refining your techniques, consistency and learning new things
- an efficient and a clean worker
- a morning person!
- able to slot into a team and also motivate yourself for more solo work
- mindful of ingredients costs and wastage
We will be:
- open to your ideas and experience
- happy to teach you as much as we can
- an employer who is committed to improving themselves and their staff
- a welcoming and hardworking part of the community
- Mixing savoury and sweet doughs, sourdough and yeasted
- Hand scaling and shaping all our doughs
- Bake shifts and oven work
- Veg and fruit prep for bread products
- Sweet dough prep for our pastry section
- Daily and deep cleaning
- Helping with seasonal and product development
- Occasional markets and pop ups
Shifts will be a mixture of mid-week and weekend, working mostly 5am-2pm or 7am-4pm. Salaried staff work 42 hours per week. If you’d prefer to work more or less, we may be able to accommodate you with an hourly rate.
Starting salary dependent on experience, normally between £17,500-£18,500pa
Please send applications and a covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you are the person for us!