BAKER PT (15+ hours a week)
We are looking for a part-time baker to join our small bread crew. Initially this role will be a minimum of 15 hours a week starting immediately, with a view to increasing to at least 20 hours a week from the beginning of September onwards.
Previous professional experience is very much preferable, or seriously passionate home sourdough bakers are welcome to apply. We are looking for someone who can learn quickly and get up to speed with our full time bakers. Shifts will be a mixture of mid-week and weekend, working either 5am-2pm or 7am-4pm.
You will be:
• passionate about all things sourdough
• detail orientated and a little bit obsessed about refining your techniques, consistency and learning new things
• an efficient and a clean worker
• a morning person!
• able to slot into a team and also motivate yourself for more solo work
• mindful of ingredients costs
We will be:
• open to your ideas and experience
• happy to teach you as much as we can
• an employer who is committed to improving themselves and their staff
• a welcoming and hardworking part of the community
• Mixing, scaling and shaping sourdough and long fermented doughs
• Oven shifts
• Veg and fruit prep for bread products
• Sweet dough prep for our pastry section
• Daily and deep cleaning
• Helping with seasonal and product development
Please send applications and a covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you are the person for us!