We’re always looking for passionate and like minded bakers, pastry chefs, baristas and chefs to become part of our crew. Even if we aren’t advertising a role it’s worth sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as we like to meet interesting people to plan for the future and fill roles quickly.
SENIOR PASTRY CHEF (MATERNITY COVER)
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to take on a senior role for at least a year, starting April – May 2020. You will work alongside our Head of Pastry to develop the section and manage in their absence. Previous professional experience is essential, we hope to find a pastry chef who has 2+ years’ experience in similar bakeries and experience with laminated and yeasted doughs.
Everything produced in the bakery is made from scratch, no bought in
mixes, jams or fillings. We are passionate about working with seasonal fruit
and ingredients, changing our range to match the seasons and festivities. We
are looking for someone with a desire to continue learning every day, the
ability to share their knowledge, ideas and creativity and to be self-motivated
You will be:
- detail orientated and a little bit obsessed about refining your
techniques, consistency and learning new things
- an efficient and a clean worker
- a morning person!
- able to slot into a team and also motivate yourself for more solo work
- mindful of ingredient costs and wastage
- inspired by other parts of the food world and able to bring your
inspiration and ideas to work
- hand shaping all our yeasted buns and viennoiserie (laminated doughs)
- preparing fillings, custards, jams and ganaches
- preparing and finishing a wide variety of tarts, slices and cakes
- baking our daily offering and setting up our shop counter
- daily and deep cleaning
- contributing to the development of new products and processes within the
- managing the section in the absence of the Head of Pastry
- assisting in the training of new staff and passing on knowledge to our Front
of House team so they can speak knowledgably to our customers
This role is quite physical, our pastry section is in a small building
to the rear of the main bakery so walking and carrying between the two is
involved. You will be on your feet for
your 8.5 hour shift (with a break for lunch of course).
Regular shifts start between 6-7am each day, we are open 7 days a week so working days can include part and full weekends.
As this role is to cover maternity leave, your initial contract will likely be 14 months. As we are growing business there may well be the chance to turn this role into a permanent position in the future.
42 hours per week. Starting salary of £20,819. We may also consider a 4 day a week contract (34 hours) with an hourly rate of £9.55.