We’re always looking for passionate and like minded bakers, pastry chefs, baristas and chefs to become part of our crew. Here is what we curently have available…
SENIOR BAKER FT
We are looking for an experienced baker to steer our small crew alongside our Head Baker. Previous professional experience is essential, we hope to find a baker who has 2 years + experience in similar sourdough or long fermented bakeries.
We need you to have a passion for fermentation, an understanding of levain and the effects of the seasons, a desire to continue learning everyday, the ability to share your knowledge, ideas and creativity and to motivate yourself to improve.
You will be:
- in love with all things sourdough
- detail orientated and a little bit obsessed about refining your techniques, consistency and learning new things
- an efficient and a clean worker
- a morning person!
- able to slot into a team and also motivate yourself for more solo work
- confident to manage a section and it’s staff in the absence of the Head Baker
- mindful of ingredients costs and wastage
- inspired by other parts of the world of food and able to bring your inspiration and ideas to work
- We will be:
- open to your ideas and experience
- happy to teach you as much as we can
- an employer who is committed to improving themselves and their staff
- a welcoming and hardworking part of the community
- Mixing savoury and sweet doughs, sourdough and yeasted
- Hand scaling and shaping all our doughs
- Bake shifts and oven work
- Veg and fruit prep for bread products
- Teaching new and junior members of staff
- Managing junior staff in the absence of the Head Baker
- Daily and deep cleaning
- Helping with seasonal and product development
- Occasional markets and pop ups
Regular shifts are 5am-2pm, or 7am-4pm, including weekend days. Starting salary dependent on age and experience, £17,000-19,500pa
Please send applications and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are the person for us!